The Number 1 cause of brittle fingernails is water.
Have you ever soaked in the bath tub and noticed — not only how your shrunken, prune-like finger pads soften up — but how your fingernails and toenails will soften? And they pick much easier when they’re soft…
- Keeping your nails short makes them less likely to split from being brittle (this makes it harder to obsessively pick your skin, too)
- Eat lots of peanuts, cauliflower or lentils — which have tons of nail-strengthening biotin
- Soak your nails in olive oil
- Keep your hands hydrated with a urea or lactic acid-rich moisturizer
- Massaging your finger pads increases blood flow
- Wear gloves when you wash the dishes
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Be sure to visit the Community Forums