Thick nails can be caused by a fungal infection, poor nutrition, general health problems, or a finger picking habit.
Here’s a recipe for effective home treatment of thick nails
- Rinse your feet in a bucket of warm water plus 1-2 tbsp detergent
- Cut the thick nail across horizontally (be sure to thoroughly clean your nail clippers and scissors first)
- Clean out any nail debris or dirt from the nail groove using a nail file or cotton swab
- Coat the nail with a salicylic acid ointment or other salicylic-based topical treatment
- Wrap the nail in a bandage and keep dry for several days
- Scrub the thick nail with a brush and apply an antiseptic treatment
- Repeat this treatment several times
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Be sure to visit the Community Forums