Though its a mouthful to say — Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor drugs (better known as “SSRIs”) — are the godsend of millions of people with anxious, depressed, and obsessive-compulsive tendencies.
Among the most successful SSRIs are:
- Paxil — known as the safest SSRI drug on the market
- Zoloft — the oldest of the SSRIs
- Prozac — the 800-pound gorilla of the SSRI market, so popular that the brand-name has moved into the English insult lexicon (i.e. “You’re so cranky — did you skip your Prozac today?”)
- Inositol — a very exciting drug that has proven benefits specifically for compulsive skin pickers and dermatillomaniacs
- Lamotrigine — also an exciting SSRI with potential benefits for compulsive finger pickers
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Be sure to visit the Community Forums